* I actually woke up pretty easily this morning for my doctor's appointment. Not bad for someone who is dead to the world before 10am. I think I spent more time changing my address, phone number, and insurance information than I did with the actual doctor, which is par for the course. He didn't like the look of one of the bumps on my chest, so I have to wait a couple of weeks to get the referral to see a dermatologist. Stupid HMO.
* I went to Gymboree after getting back from the doctor's and ended up buying all of the items I listed in my last post, woo hoo! I spent $125 without the Gymbucks, which I think is the most I've ever spent in one trip there. I realize that I could've waited a month or so for it all to go on sale, but I had Gymbucks to burn, so I did it all now. I was smart and got each outfit in a different size so that he could wear the line for a long time. The little two-piece green outfit is 6-12 months, the top and overalls is 12-18 months, and the long-sleeved shirt and cargo pants are 18-24 months.
* The potato soup ended up being pretty tasty! I didn't like the smell of the dill weed (anyone else think of Beavis and Butthead when they hear those words?), so I thought the soup was going to taste like ass, but after I put in some salt and shredded cheddar cheese, it was quite tasty. Steve had two huge bowls of it, so it was a success, hooray!
* I could swear that Owen called me Mama today. He was lying on his bear rug, and I was standing up next to the couch, putting my hair into a ponytail. I was looking away from him, and he was whining a little bit, when all of a sudden, I heard him say "Mama," clear as day. Crazy!
* Poor Owen got kinda burned by his bath tonight. I crank the kitchen faucet to the hottest setting so that the water could heat up faster, and when Owen was sitting in his bath seat, his foot touched the stream. I was in the bathroom (Steve was with him), and I heard the most awful scream from him. He was fine a minute later, but I felt bad for the poor little guy, he sounded like he was in a lot of pain. There was no redness though, so Steve thinks it probably scared him more than anything.
* Going to get my hair cut tomorrow, eek! I don't know why I'm so nervous. It's only hair; it will grow out if I hate it.